Asbestos Fence Removal Perth
Rapid Asbestos Removals Perth are fully licensed and trained to carry out asbestos fence removal.
At Rapid, we are qualified to remove asbestos-containing fences as part of our residential asbestos removal and commercial asbestos removal projects. If you own a property in Perth, asbestos fence removal is likely a service you will require.
The original corrugated asbestos fence was by SuperSix manufactured between the 1950s to 1985. Once asbestos was discovered as dangerous, a new non-asbestos fence came out called Hardifence.
The trouble is these two fences look similar, so it difficult to tell if they contain asbestos or not. If your home or office building was built before the 1990s, it is recommended you hire a professional to carry out an asbestos inspection.
Asbestos Fence Removal Cost
At Rapid, we will are qualified and licensed in asbestos removal and disposal. Removing an asbestos fence from your property can be relatively inexpensive. Our asbestos fence removal price starts at $20 per fence sheet*. This price is only for pick up and disposal.
For removal of the fence and disposal, prices start at $35 per fence sheet*.
*Please note: There is a minimum charge of $350 +GST.
Need Your Asbestos Fence Tested & Removed?
As licensed and trained asbestos fence removalists, we will complete the job accurately and efficiently. Give our friendly team a call on 0447 467 448 or fill out the form below to arrange a FREE onsite inspection & quote.
Need reassurance that we are the right people for the job?
Frequently Asked Questions
When should you have your asbestos fence removed?
If your asbestos fence is damaged, particularly if parts are broken, it will need to be removed. Disturbed asbestos fibres are dangerous to inhale.
How to remove asbestos fence?
Asbestos fence removal should only be carried out by a qualified asbestos removal company.
- Have the fence tested for asbestos fibres.
- Assess the condition of the fence. If damaged the fence must be removed.
- Barricade the site with warning signs and barriers.
- Employ safety equipment and clothing.
- Wet the asbestos fence sheets. As the fence is dug out, continue to wet the sheets.
- Wrap the sheets in certified asbestos plastic wrap and tape.
- Safely transport asbestos fence to an asbestos waste disposal facility.
How to tell if your fence is asbestos?
If you think your fence could be asbestos some signs it could be are:
- if your house was built before 1990, there is a likely chance it could have an asbestos fence, or other asbestos-containing material throughout the property like asbestos roofs, asbestos walls & eaves.
- Count the ridges. While not completely accurate fences with 7 ridges could be an asbestos-containing fence. If you are unsure, hire a qualified asbestos removal company to carry out asbestos inspection.
- Check for metal capping at the top. Metal cappings are present on Hardifences to keep the sheets together. Asbestos fences used fibre cement capping to keep the sheets together.
Is an asbestos fence dangerous?
If an asbestos fence is in good condition it is relatively harmless. However, if the fence is damaged due to activities like home repairs, renovation or demolition, the asbestos fibres could become airborne. In this case, hire a qualified asbestos removal company to inspect the fence.