Asbestos Air Monitoring Perth
Rapid Asbestos Removals Perth are fully licensed and trained to carry out asbestos air monitoring. We offer asbestos air monitoring for both residential asbestos removal projects and commercial asbestos removal projects.
If you are planning a renovation where asbestos contained products are present, it’s important that you hire a certified asbestos removal company to remove and monitor the air during and after the removal.
In cases that friable asbestos fibres are present, air monitoring during asbestos removal is a legal requirement in Australia and must be carried out by a licensed asbestos accessor. Asbestos is considered friable if it can be crumbled and reduced to powder easily. Fibrous asbestos is normally present in asbestos-containing materials that are in poor condition or when asbestos-containing material is removed. Even in the case of removing non-friable asbestos fibres, we still recommend hiring a professional.
Different factors such as the type of asbestos, location (inside or outside) and the position of the asbestos can affect air monitoring requirements. At Rapid Asbestos Removals, we can tailor our asbestos air monitoring plan to suit the scope of the work as well as the type and condition of the asbestos-containing material.
What is Asbestos Air Monitoring?
Asbestos air monitoring involves testing the concentration of asbestos fibres within the air. By performing asbestos air monitoring, we can assess exposure levels and the effectiveness of the control measures we implemented. This ensures that all workers and the nearby public are not exposed to harmful amounts of asbestos fibres.
Asbestos air monitoring requires specialised equipment and training, both onsite and in the laboratory. All Rapid Asbestos contractors are highly trained in asbestos air monitoring and follow strict Safe Work Regulations. We use the latest air monitoring equipment that is all WorkSafe WA approved.
Our Perth Asbestos Air Monitoring Services
If you live in Perth and plan on having asbestos contained materials removed, it is essential that air monitoring is employed to keep yourself and others safe. We perform the following monitoring types:
- Background Asbestos Air Monitoring: This test is performed prior to commencing work. It involves testing the air for asbestos fibres before any disruption is made to the asbestos-containing material.
- Control Asbestos Air Monitoring: This test is done during the process of removal. Control Air Monitoring allows us to measure the effectiveness of the control measures we have in place.
- Exposure Asbestos Air Monitoring: This test also happens during the removal process. It involves taking regular samples in order to access the risk of exposure to asbestos fibres. We take the results of these samples and compare them to the national exposure standards.
- Clearance Asbestos Air Monitoring: This test occurs after the asbestos-containing material has been removed, and ensures the space is safe. A site is deemed safe when the airborne fibres present are below 0.01fibres/ml. Following this testing, we will provide an Asbestos Clearance Certificate as proof that the area is now safe to reoccupy.
How Are Our Samples from Asbestos Air Monitoring Analysed?
In Australia, it is a legal requirement that all asbestos samples be tested at a NATA accredited laboratory. At Rapid, we send our samples to be tested by an independent NATA accredited laboratory.
Need Asbestos Air Monitoring?
As licensed and trained asbestos air monitoring assessors, we will complete the job accurately and efficiently. Give our friendly team a call on 0447 467 448 or get in touch using the form below to arrange a FREE onsite quote.
Need reassurance that we are the right people for the job?
Check out our past client testimonials.
When Is Air Monitoring Required for Asbestos Removal?
Air monitoring is required at all stages of asbestos removal, before, during and after the removal. The stages of asbestos air monitoring are:
- Background Asbestos Air Monitoring
- Control Asbestos Air Monitoring
- Clearance Asbestos Air Monitoring